Redcar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcar.forumHomeRegisterLog in

Doctor's surgeries

Go down 
+3
auguste1
dozza
Sydroth
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Sydroth

Doctor's surgeries  Empty
PostSubject: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 7:26 pm

Thinking of changing to an alternative GP Surgery in Redcar. Have any of you any recommendations?
Back to top Go down
dozza
dozza

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 7:32 pm

Don’t go to Bentley medical practice, apparently they don’t do curing anymore, they’ll take yer blood, tell you your bordering on type 2diabetes and send you information about weighwatchers, cheeky t**ts
But tell them you got a bad knee and your in constant pain and they ain’t interested😳
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeWed Apr 21, 2021 10:19 pm

I'd rather go to a competent vet than a doctor !
Back to top Go down
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeThu Apr 22, 2021 11:12 am

Sydroth, We both changed to the Saltscar surgery on Kirkleatham Street a year ago. No regrets so far we are both more than happy with them in every way and their vaccination organisation for both the flu and Covid jabs has been excellent yes Getting my 2nd one on Saturday at the surgery smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those that matter don't mind. And those that mind don't matter.

Sydroth and slicer like this post

Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 4:37 pm

We've just (two weeks ago) switched from Bentley - which was rubbish -to Saltscar and can't believe the difference.
We gave Bentley three years after giving up on the Coatham Surgery but they really are bad. In three years I only managed to see a doctor once. They always sent me to a nurse practitioner, a senior nurse practitioner, the cleaner, the janitor, etc. One receptionist in particular is on a mission to stop anyone getting to see a Doctor. Test results were never available. Repeat prescriptions didn't arrive.
I had a swollen and discoloured foot and they asked me to send a photo of it. I did this and they diagnosed me as having Gout and prescribed medicine that made me ill because I DON'T have ruddy Gout! Three different medicines were tried that only made me ill. One of them said on the leaflet that it was a preventive and not to be used when having an attack of Gout.

The lovely Dr at Saltscar, Dr Nain, said "Not Gout!" It is arthritis.
Yes - I saw a real, live Doctor! I sent a letter with our application to join the Practice and the receptionist rang the next day with an appointment to see a REAL DOCTOR!

I decided to try Saltscar after a few too many mistakes at Bentley and the receptionist at the Pharmacy we use recommended Saltscar.

Kalliopi and Sydroth like this post

Back to top Go down
Copey

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeFri Apr 23, 2021 7:21 pm

Dr Tamassebi (spelling?) of Bentley practice only works one day a week, a Monday, and I was told that another part time Doc. had left and gone to another practice.

Sydroth likes this post

Back to top Go down
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeMon Apr 26, 2021 2:18 pm

GGSS.:it's a pity you will have missed having your vaccines there. That's an experience to be hold, it's run with military precision, you are in the front door and out the fire-exit at the back, before you even have time to register a needle, three mins tops reckon  laugh

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those that matter don't mind. And those that mind don't matter.

Marie and Sydroth like this post

Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 3:46 pm

This is a bit worrying..
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wasn't aware that this was happening. Does anyone know anything about it? Could it happen here?

Note: I'm not saying that anyone should donate to this - it is just for information.
Back to top Go down
slicer
slicer

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeFri May 21, 2021 7:45 pm

Remember this?

“Johnson said: ‘We are absolutely resolved that there will be no sale of the NHS, no privatisation, the NHS is not on the table in any way’”
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitimeSun May 23, 2021 8:09 pm

My daughter works in a Doctors surgery in Hertfordshire which was taken over  by a group ( not this one ) about two months ago.
The Doctors in her surgery were all retiring ( on lucrative pensions ) and couldn't find anyone with the money to buy the Practice , hence the sale.
The Doctors they employ are usually young and all are able to be moved at a moments notice throughout the group of some 20 practices. There is always a more experienced GP at the end of a phone should they be unsure of symptoms etc ,  but they all follow the same rules on x rays , blood tests and further treatments the Practice has to pay for.
It would appear to be the way forward and whether the end company is British , American or whoever it doesn't really matter , it's whether the system works.

P.S. She leaves in 4 weeks time because she hates it !
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Doctor's surgeries    Doctor's surgeries  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Doctor's surgeries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redcar Forum :: Home and Lifestyle :: Health & Fitness-
Jump to: