Redcar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcar.forumHomeRegisterLog in

Coronavirus

Go down 
+14
Del
jima
Sydroth
Kalliopi
emi
GGSS
dozza
JCB
Copey
YIDDO
jooli
edradour
auguste1
slicer
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next
AuthorMessage
slicer
slicer

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 9:34 am

I think all frontline key workers should be vaccinated. I include teachers, bus drivers, binmen and police. It makes sense to protect your most important workforce. thumbup
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 10:00 am

As Whitty says , it's not the most deserving , it's the most at risk of bringing down the NHS first.

Kalliopi and Copey like this post

Back to top Go down
edradour
edradour

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 11:16 am

dozza. I have just checked, my ticker is still going. rofl rofl rofl I could think of more unworthy people to see off before OAP's? Any murders, especially child murderers and murderers of elderly people. Drug cartels, dealers, also terrorists etc.
Back to top Go down
http://www.redcar.org
jooli
jooli

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 12:24 pm

Excuse me whilst I sit in the corner and suck on a Werther's original ! knitting
Back to top Go down
YIDDO

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 12:54 pm

Personally I would describe a Frontline Worker as someone has worked continuosly since last March. Yes, my son fits that description, He works on the Docks, ships from all over the world arrive. No he hasnt been offered a jab or a pay rise,
Back to top Go down
Copey

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 2:36 pm

I'll admit to feeling guilty about having the vaccine when people who contribute to the economy in whatever way have to wait for their age group (I do pay tax though) Elder son, a nurse, pointed out that if I catch Covid I would probably have to go into hospital and would take up a bed for a long time and possibly would die anyway. So although the guilt doesn't go away I can see the point. Surely prisoners are like care home residents, they catch Covid from those who 'care' for them.
Back to top Go down
JCB
JCB

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 4:16 pm

I would guess Dozza's daughter is under 40 so the chances of her dying from covid are very remote
Whereas an otherwise fit and active 70 something would be very vulnerable to it.
So I have no problem with oldies first.

Sydroth likes this post

Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 4:54 pm

1,000 deaths and 19,000 new cases

Almost 11 million vaccinates !

slicer likes this post

Back to top Go down
dozza
dozza

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 6:49 pm

I have nothing against oap’s Ed, but if your old and decrepit and I’m not suggesting they/you all are, why not give it to someone with a better chance of survival, anyway the way things are going we all should be jabbed by the end of the year, I agree with what you say about murderers, nonces, terrorists ect, but they are getting jabbed but not the wardens ect, it’s not right, also agree with slicer
Copey , you are just too nice for your own good wink and Jules I don’t believe you are a pensioner😉
But I must say this, major Tom had pneumonia then contracted covid and died, but what did he die of?
I know the majority are going to say covid because that’s what the authorities said, but they are just speculating, all we know is he had covid when he died but he could of died of pneumonia
Back to top Go down
slicer
slicer

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 7:32 pm

Quote :
, all we know is he had covid when he died but he could of died of pneumonia

If he died of pneumonia caused by Covid infecting his lungs, which is the norm, what do you reckon killed him Doz?
Back to top Go down
dozza
dozza

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 8:21 pm

Old age
How long has this been the norm?
Back to top Go down
slicer
slicer

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 8:36 pm

Quote :
How long has this been the norm?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
edradour
edradour

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 8:46 pm

dozza - I have nothing against oap’s Ed. NEVER thought for one moment you had, and IMHO it was a genuine posting.
PS Its still ticking. thumbup
Back to top Go down
http://www.redcar.org
dozza
dozza

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Didn’t quite answer the question, but I get your drift
So he died of pneumonia then, so does that go down as one for COVID or one for non COVID
Back to top Go down
GGSS

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 8:57 pm

Dozza: If you get hit by a bus and your ticker packs up they don't mention the bus on the death certificate do they?
Back to top Go down
dozza
dozza

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 9:25 pm

I wouldn’t know I would be dead

Copey likes this post

Back to top Go down
YIDDO

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 10:08 pm

If the bus driver was proven to be Covid positive, would it be a Covid death.
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeFri Feb 05, 2021 10:48 pm

This advice on recording deaths due to Covid , specifically excluding death by trauma , is here.
If you have tested positive for covid and then get run over by a bus or fall down stairs then the cause of death is run over by a bus or falling down stairs and not covid.
There are a few nuances and it does go on a bit but the basic advice is covid must be the cause of death or a contributory factor.

Peter Goodwin, Copey and slicer like this post

Back to top Go down
JCB
JCB

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 7:48 am

I wonder if we would still be leading the death rate if every country used exactly the same criteria as UK.
Seems to me we are not comparing eggs with eggs.
Back to top Go down
slicer
slicer

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 9:58 am

Dr Richard Cree’s blog on situation of JCUH Covid wards:

“I was dismayed to find out that we had admitted our 300th COVID patient to ICU earlier this week. Of these patients, approximately 30% have died but I have to say that, sometimes it feels like the mortality rate is higher than this.”

Copey likes this post

Back to top Go down
Copey

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 10:10 am

I was reading in the Daily Telegraph this morning that some over 70's are not following guidlines because they have had one jab. What idiots, they need to read Richard Cree or anyone dealing with Covid 19.

Del and slicer like this post

Back to top Go down
YIDDO

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 1:23 pm

Wifes appointment today for Astra Zeneca Jab. Left Redcar East 12.30pm. Appointment 12.45pm. Back home 13.00pm. Nowts a bother. Vaccine made in Liverpool, Love Scousers Me, Sometimes!!!

emi and slicer like this post

Back to top Go down
dozza
dozza

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 5:21 pm

Copey, I was working in mbro bus station this week, obviously there were people catching buses but my mate said most of the people wandering about were old, they weren’t getting buses, just walking through, milling about, there’s no shops open really so there was no need for them to be there
Once again this is not meant to upset any old people on here
Back to top Go down
Copey

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 7:56 pm

Not upset dozza, I suppose some people go out for company, maybe some live in the flats near to the bus station and are lonely. Think that there is a butcher in the bus station, was last time I was in there about 18 months ago and there was a bakers in Captain Cook Square as well as Wilko. Food shopping a reason to be out.
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitimeSat Feb 06, 2021 10:30 pm

828 deaths and 18,000 new cases

Almost 11.5 million vaccinations ( astonishing progress )

slicer likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Coronavirus Empty
PostSubject: Re: Coronavirus   Coronavirus Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Coronavirus
Page 1 of 23Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 12 ... 23  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redcar Forum :: Debating Chamber :: Current Affairs-
Jump to: