Redcar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcar.forumHomeRegisterLog in

That's my Philosophy!

Go down 
+8
auguste1
Marie
GGSS
jooli
Peter Goodwin
barender
Silvor
citrine
12 posters
AuthorMessage
citrine
citrine

That's my Philosophy! Empty
PostSubject: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:37 pm

I don't know about you (or do I)
But philosophy sounds like you have to have studied in a red brick university to even mention the subject?????
Quite wrong, everyone has their own view, their own philosophy, their own love of wisdom (even if they think they don't)
The balance in each person is slightly different, some have more ethics, others more logic,,,,, some just waffle on about understanding the universe, the mind and the metaphysics and yet don't have a grasp on the physical..... Perhaps you are even questioning the relevance of this very topic wondering what you know and how you know it ??

BUT wherever you sit, you have your own very unique philosophy!

At work, I mostly use Logic, politics, ethics and epistemology
At home I'm more metaphysics, ethics and aesthetics and social philosophy

I find this gives me balance, an equilibrium that if knocked can quickly get back into it's groove....

Where are you ?
Back to top Go down
http://waltzing2welding.weebly.com
Silvor
Silvor

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:40 pm

This says it all to me.
Back to top Go down
citrine
citrine

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSat Jul 25, 2009 9:51 pm

I saw him do that live..... at Newcastle..... see everyone has their own view smile
Back to top Go down
barender
barender

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 1:04 am

Quote :
At work, I mostly use Logic, politics, ethics and epistemology
At home I'm more metaphysics, ethics and aesthetics and social philosophy

I find this gives me balance, an equilibrium that if knocked can quickly get back into it's groove....

Where are you ?

Where am I? After reading that, where you aren't, I would hope.
Back to top Go down
http://redcartown.net
Silvor
Silvor

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 7:48 am

It's stupid comments like that, which aren't needed.

I think you should refer yourself to the rules, primarily #10.

It wouldn't be so bad if you had added why you don't have that philosophy, rather than just seemingly insulting someone else(s)/post.

I don't want any retaliation replies to this. Either reply with something suitable in relation to the original post, or don't reply at all.
Back to top Go down
citrine
citrine

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSun Jul 26, 2009 10:11 pm

No seriously, whoever you are you will have your own wavelength of thought.
Nobody is the same and that is what makes the human race so wonderful and vibrant.

You may feel this is utter nonsense but by making that statement you are actually showing your own philosophy for all to see. There is room in human characteristics to be sceptical and cautious but in my opinion a richer life experience comes from embracing the creative, visual and aesthetic side in balance with the pragmatic, logic and political side.

I'd like to welcome anyone who wishes to openly discuss how they see their own thought process to be.... :yinyang:
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 1:59 pm

This might be a better place to park this than the more controversial topics in 'current affairs'

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
jooli
jooli

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 2:54 pm

To my chagrin , I had to look him up ! bag
Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 3:42 pm

My philosophy:-
Whatever you are doing today do it with the confidence of a four-year-old in a Batman T-shirt.

Incidentaly.... have you ever wondered why we wonder?
Back to top Go down
jooli
jooli

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 4:00 pm

I like that philosophy GGSS ... It conjures up just the perfect image .

I hope this doesn't sound trite but I heard this today , when someone was talking about how difficult the lockdown is for a lot of people ...
" It's OK not to be OK " yes ( In other words , don't beat yourself up about something you cannot change )

Marie likes this post

Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 4:17 pm

What is a problem?
A problem is an un-made decision.
Gather the information you can in the time you have and then decide what you are going to do about it.
It is no longer a problem - it is a course of action.
If you decide that there is nothing you can do about it it is no longer a problem - it is a fact of life that you just have to accept and move on from.

Marie likes this post

Back to top Go down
Marie
Marie

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 4:24 pm

Very true GGSS and jooli
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 11:10 pm

This is all a bit deep for light reading !

slicer likes this post

Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 10:47 pm

DEATH.

What happens when you die ?
Lots of people are dying from Covid at the moment and they seem just to be numbers on a Government List , but each one is a tragedy for someone.
If you are religious there is always an afterlife which is usually described as being better than where you are at the moment.
If you are not , then what is left for you !
If there is no afterlife and there is nothing , then how do you actually know you are dead , because there is nothing.
All of those years of learning the Kings and Queens of Britain and the 44 times table are lost. All of your memories are lost and you don't even know it because there is nothing.

Just a morbid thought !
Back to top Go down
slicer
slicer

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2021 11:01 pm

I believe there is nothing after death. You live on in the memories of those that knew you.

#mytwopennorth

Peter Goodwin and Copey like this post

Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 12:45 pm

I've often thought that if there is an afterlife how can anyone be happy there if they can see the continued misery and grief that their death has brought to those left behind?
Back to top Go down
YIDDO

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 1:14 pm

If there is an afterlife, there is no death, just a transfer to a better place!!!
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 2:28 pm

Wow ....... that's even deeper than my post !
Back to top Go down
JCB
JCB

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 3:27 pm

It must be very crowded in the afterlife!

Thought  Doris Stokes would never be off the afterlife line but she still has not got in touch .
Back to top Go down
redpete

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 25, 2021 4:33 pm

I Have it said that there are more people alive today than have ever lived.

But this is Incorrect, the estimate is that about 108 Billion Humans have lived on earth, so that's 13.5 x more have died for every person alive at the moment.
As you say JCB Very Crowded.

Unless you believe in reincarnation. wheee
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That's my Philosophy!   That's my Philosophy! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That's my Philosophy!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redcar Forum :: Debating Chamber :: Philosophy-
Jump to: