Redcar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcar.forumHomeRegisterLog in

Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?

Go down 
+31
George Sand
pen5
Copey
joelh.connie
redpete
YIDDO
slicer
borofan45
WTR
johnr
severs
lukehib
benstack
ogbad
auguste1
nickymb
JohnP
GGSS
edradour
glide
reedkerr
seversatwork
Almack
Kalliopi
martythesparky
Spog
ff
Peter Goodwin
Jen
where's the remote
Bollocks!
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next
AuthorMessage
joelh.connie
(Sadly Missed)

Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 8:49 pm

PG - Never one to disappoint
I have shown interest in much larger green spaces over the years like Coatham Common, Housing developments in Redcar Saltburn Marske as well as campaigns in my native birthplace of Cumbria to name just a few, :P:

A very commendable donation you made which I would have thought amount raised to date would have been greater based on 30,000 attendance!
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 8:58 pm

emi wrote:
Who funds Greta's travel? Her father's travel with her, plus accommodation costs?   Who is paying the bills back home?

Emi, this forum may not be the best place to find the answer to your question - why should any of us know?    Try Google, or a more ethical search engine.   Unless, of course,  you just wanted to suggest that there's something to hide but you don't have any evidence.

Unfortunately it's true that rail travel over long distances does work out more costly than heavily subsidised air flights - where many of the true costs are simply passed on to the rest of us.   So yes, the money has to come from somewhere - and I bet Greta Thunberg costs far, far less to run in both cash terms and in environmental damage than, say, Nigel Farage.
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 10:48 pm

I bet Greta Thunberg costs far, far less to run in both cash terms and in environmental damage than, say, Nigel Farage.

Yes,but she's far more dangerous! rofl
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 29, 2020 10:52 pm

And would you believe it …..STRANGER !
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 12:10 am

jhc wrote:
I would have thought amount raised to date would have been greater based on 30,000 attendance!

The clue's in the name, jhc. This was the school strike for climate. Most of those attending were children. Still, there's around £9K been raised since yesterday's gathering. A better response than the Brexiteers got for their Big Ben Bongs for Brexit appeal, don't you think? And I wonder who paid for the cleanup after that gammonfest?
Back to top Go down
joelh.connie
(Sadly Missed)

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 4:40 am

Your supporting pictures and video shows adults and many teenagers. Even the class of  primary school  pupils had parents with them! I couldn't find the crowd funding link to chuck in a couple quid.
As I have said previously links are very useful to include.

Do you really expect me and others to believe that a mere 50p contribution per head would not have been unreasonable from attendees? or did they possibly keep their money for drinks/takeaways. smile
Back to top Go down
dozza
dozza

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 7:46 am

The report says 30000 feet, that's 15000 people in my book, unless they were all peg legs
just an observation
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 10:34 am

Happy to oblige, jc. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]. Anything that you or others give will be much appreciated. I didn't add to the mud, by the way - there wasn't nearly enough room for everyone on the grass!

And yes, it always helps to include links. Mea culpa.

Back to top Go down
redpete

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 5:27 pm

A better response than the Brexiteers got for their Big Ben Bongs for Brexit appeal,

Still a way to go Peter

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 6:57 pm

15,000 according to official figures , that's less than City , but you've raised £9,000 so far.

Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 01, 2020 11:56 pm

a1:   There are no official figures.  No-one actually counted how many braved the rain, it would have proved impossible as well as a bit pointless.  

The BBC report is curious.  No sources quoted, and nothing about it on the local paper's website, although they've fielded plenty of redneck comments wishing harm (or death) on Greta Thunberg.  

So probably someone in the BBC  was simply dredging social media posts on a slow news day to cite 'evidence' of 'hundreds' of calls for the rally organisers to pay the price of the damage to Bristol's College Green.   The report was published sometime this (Sunday) afternoon – long after reports of how it's already been sorted had been published by the BBC itself, and even been well aired on this Redcar Forum.

I see, a1, that at 7 this evening you said the appeal stood at £9K.  Approaching midnight, it's well over £12K.  Is that your doing, joelhconnie?

I honestly don't know why anyone (especially in Redcar) is still banging on about this, even if it was one of Bristol's larger demonstrations.   Has Greta so unnerved you all that, being unable to deny the science and the evidence of climate change you must seek any way to find fault with what's a very rational anxiety about our future?  An avoidance strategy, in other words?

Given that this topic is about climate change, not a muddy bit of Bristol,  I'll resist the temptation to respond to any more nonsense posts about College Green.
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 12:12 am

Greta unnerves me. I wouldn't like to meet her in a dark alley when she is mid rant. !
Really scary person.
Back to top Go down
emi
emi

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 1:43 am

Carrie comes to mind
Back to top Go down
dozza
dozza

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 6:38 am

At the end of the day peter, if the gobby little truant of a school kid wasn't there, neither would the media, furthermore, the media didn't cover anything to do with global warming
Just an observation
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 9:07 am

One or two on here are not discussing the original topic, which is, is it anthropogenic?
I do not deny it's happening; it always will. Do I believe our tiny country can change or stop it?

Do I hell!!! yercrazy
Back to top Go down
joelh.connie
(Sadly Missed)

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 11:09 am

Two thirds of UK homes 'fail on energy efficiency targets'

Back to top Go down
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 11:41 am

dozza wrote:
At the end of the day peter, if the gobby little truant of a school kid wasn't there, neither would the media, furthermore, the media didn't cover anything to do with global warming
Just an observation

Well said yes

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those that matter don't mind. And those that mind don't matter.
Back to top Go down
joelh.connie
(Sadly Missed)

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 02, 2020 6:21 pm

The UK’s first climate change refugees?

The residents of Fairbourne, a village in Gwynedd, have been labelled as such after the government announced they would have to leave their homes.

They’ve been told the area - 450 houses, a pub, post office and several shops - will be decommissioned by 2054 because of the threat of sea-level rise and coastal flooding linked to climate change.

It’s been seven years, and house prices in the area have plummeted. Residents don’t know when or where they will have to move, who will pay, and they haven’t been offered any compensation.

Gwynedd Council says: “In the long term, maintaining and increasing flood defences would not only be costly but would also lead to increased risk to life should the defences fail.”
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 11:34 am

For anyone still worried about the state of College Green after the Greta Thunberg rally in Bristol, here's how things stand at the beginning of April:

Back to top Go down
redpete

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 2:28 pm

Let me look yes it really is April the 1st wheee
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 3:48 pm

I feel a bollocking coming on for PG. Link too long.

Go on Kali tell him
Back to top Go down
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 8:28 pm

Well PG your link is a little unruly laugh  However it does not appear to be distorting the width of the forum as other users have donebefore with very long links., so I do not need to edit it.

For a neater look you could post just post it as a [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.], as per the tutorial, the same as auguste1 said he will be doing from now on winkgrin

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those that matter don't mind. And those that mind don't matter.
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 01, 2020 8:49 pm

Thank you for the reminder, Kal. I posted in haste. Pity about the spoiler that followed.
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 30, 2020 12:08 am

NO2 is down by between 30 % and 50 % due to the lockdown on Teesside.

According to Govt the amount of traffic on the roads has dropped by 80 %.

If we get rid of all combustion engines on the roads and replace them with electric , which is the aim apparently , we might get the NO2 levels down to 35 to 55 %.

Lie damn lies and statistics or what ?
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 18, 2021 12:15 am

No posts on this topic since April ?   I wonder what that tells us?

Has anyone on here watched "I am Greta", screened by the BBC a couple of weeks ago?   I've just caught up with it[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.].  Found it moving, challenging, disturbing in equal measure. Recommended viewing.

Amid the gloom, it'll be wonderful to see the new USA rejoin the Paris accords later this week. thumbup

Kalliopi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 40 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?
Page 40 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 21 ... 39, 40, 41, 42, 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redcar Forum :: Debating Chamber :: Current Affairs-
Jump to: