Redcar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcar.forumHomeRegisterLog in

Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?

Go down 
+31
George Sand
pen5
Copey
joelh.connie
redpete
YIDDO
slicer
borofan45
WTR
johnr
severs
lukehib
benstack
ogbad
auguste1
nickymb
JohnP
GGSS
edradour
glide
reedkerr
seversatwork
Almack
Kalliopi
martythesparky
Spog
ff
Peter Goodwin
Jen
where's the remote
Bollocks!
35 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 43  Next
AuthorMessage
seversatwork
seversatwork

Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 8:58 am

If you don't like what scientists are doing, become a scientist and do something else.
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:00 am

Unfortunately I didn't get enough "O" Levels which is why I am living in penury caused in some part by Global Warming zealots.
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 10:41 am

Quote :
FF: no cut and paste there.

So you believe in the anthropogenic side so much that you'll spend a lot of your far too short life writing the same rubbish for which global warming believer scientists get fabulous amounts of our money?

Easier to cut and paste!

(Unless, of course, you are a global warming scientist/alarmist?)
Back to top Go down
Spog
Spog

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:14 pm

FF: all I have done is to take the time to understand it well enough so I can put in my own words. I wouldn't need to do this if there weren't so much ill-informed nonsense posted on here.

For example:

Quote :
global warming believer scientists get fabulous amounts of our money
Yes, I'm sure they are all living in mansions, sipping champagne and eating caviar, the evil b***ards.
Back to top Go down
Spog
Spog

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 1:26 pm

auguste1 wrote:
And you Global Warming / Climate Change enthusiasts reining in the Popular Press in their burning Earth Scenarios ? No it doesn't happen because it advances your increasingly dubious cause and more money pours into the coffers of the scientific community so they can waste their time on telling us what has happened rather than giving us a REAL alternative to living our lives in penury.
'enthusiast'? Are you joking? I'd much rather it wasn't happening. It's only because it is happening that I am concerned that efforts to do something about it aren't derailed by the out and out lies that you clearly have been taken in by.

And since when has anyone been able to control what is printed in the popular press?

In any case I think you'll find that in recent years, the amount of science denying nonsense that has been printed far outweighs the odd exaggeration. It's the same on the Web - there are hundreds of sites whose sole purpose seems to be to propagate myths that were demolished years ago, and only a relatively small handful that seriously discuss the science.
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 4:30 pm

Quote :
Yes, I'm sure they are all living in mansions, sipping champagne and eating caviar, the evil b***ards.

You sure said it!happy

And since when has anyone ever controlled the climate?

(I vaguely remember the Mekon from my Eagle annual trying it once. You know; Dan Dare, Pilot of the Future!) rolleyes 
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Aug 23, 2013 6:31 pm

Nobody's suggesting we're in control of the climate, FF - as I'm sure you know.

The evidence, as gathered by scientists, (and explained with such remarkable patience and clarity by Spog) is that human activity is, unintentionally, influencing the global climate... hence 'climate change' in all its many guises. That's very different from controlling it.

(Presumably the Mekon was wanting to control the Venusian climate?)
Back to top Go down
where's the remote
where's the remote

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:09 am

smile

Environmental activists in the US have launched an online campaign urging the World Meteorological Organisation (WMO) to name hurricanes after politicians who are dismissive of climate change.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 9:14 am

How childish! Shows their mentality.....
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:08 pm

They always start with an A at the beginning of the season. Perhaps I am in with a shout.
Back to top Go down
martythesparky
martythesparky

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Aug 28, 2013 5:45 pm

Can't see the point in that, haven't hurricanes been happening since long before Global Warming was thought of?
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 09, 2013 4:45 pm

And [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Cheeky barstewards!!!!
Back to top Go down
where's the remote
where's the remote

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:06 am

Another point of view... does anyone really care? smile

Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 24, 2013 12:03 am

Rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic? [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
where's the remote
where's the remote

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 26, 2013 12:54 am

For Jen:

Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Ah well.... no reports of that happening to any turbines in the recent storms.

Pity the Dungeness reactors didn't keep going so well smile 
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 9:46 pm

Quote :
Ah well.... no reports of that happening to any turbines in the recent storms.

Missed the one in Teignmouth, did we? thinking 
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 10:58 pm

Indeed I did, FF blush 

Should have googled it first - "small turbine blown over in Devon.... no-one hurt". I see it reached number 18 in the Torquay Herald Express list of the main storm incidents. You did well to spot it in Redcar.

Meanwhile, I see wind is playing its part in keeping the lights on, according to [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:13 pm

Out of the 27 turbines at Redcar there are usually 25/26 in operation when I take the dogs out.
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:31 pm

GGSS: are people coming round to liking them? Like the Beacon, or even the Fish sculpture?
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:39 pm

Bearing in mind you are no longer living locally then who are you talking to ? You will be telling us next that people are supportive of green taxes to encourage further wind farms which are all built from products outside of the UK and all profits , all of which are supplied by us simpletons, go outside of the UK.
Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 30, 2013 11:58 pm

Peter: I'm not sure that people like them, but they do prompt a lot of conversations.

I have been pleasantly surprised by how many people know what A1 has posted about them and that they are expensive, ecologically, to produce because of the magnets needed for them to be as efficient as they are.

One teenager told me that they "cost the Earth" to make and maintain for any length of time.

I was initially concerned that they would make a humming noise but this has not proved to be the case.
I was also concerned for the wildlife but I have not heard any reports of birds being killed by them. I'm still not convinced that they do no harm to marine life, but that will take some time to decide.
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 8:37 am

Quote :
Out of the 27 turbines at Redcar there are usually 25/26 in operation when I take the dogs out.

I think they get well-paid for putting the brakes on?

Not a very well thought out energy system! WHY should they be paid for nothing, by us, when very few people would want one near them?
The sooner they build another lot of nuclear power stations the better. (And I can see the Hartlepool one from my house!)

I wonder what the true cost of de-commissioning thousands of wind-mills and their rare metals is, compared to one nuclear station. They are just left as a blot on the landscape in America....

Back to top Go down
nickymb
nickymb

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 31, 2013 4:12 pm

This green crap is costing us all big time, extortionate energy bills, loss off jobs (over 90 % off new wind turbines are not presently built in uk and the offshore Installations are 95% carried out by foreign workers not British). Where is the logic in that.

Sembcorp and Tata Steel are really feeling the pinch with these environmental levies, costing us jobs again. "rules covering energy and the environment in Europe and the UK threaten to impose huge additional costs on the steel , power and petrochemical industry"

We close our heavy Industries down to appease the greens and lose valuable jobs and experienced workers while China, India etc just keep building what we are shutting down.

Am I missing something here.
Back to top Go down
Peter Goodwin
Peter Goodwin

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 01, 2013 12:17 am

Yes, Nickymb, you're missing quite a lot.

Green levies aren't there 'to appease the Greens' – they're there to encourage polluters to adopt less damaging ways of operating. Who on earth are these Greens who need appeasing?

If turbines - or nuclear power stations for that matter – get financed and built by non-uk companies, it's certainly not because of any 'green' influence. Look at government policies over the last fifty years and you see the continuous run down of our manufacturing industry, in favour of service industries, particularly banking and other financial services. Which now hold us to ransom.....

You'll have seen, of course, that Hinkley Point (producing that 'too cheap to meter' power) will now go ahead because the French will build it using Chinese capital, their investment risk being minimised because the UK government is guaranteeing a massive 'strike' price for its output. Not that it's a subsidy, of course, because it's the consumers who'll pay it, not the government! And because UK capital isn't being tied up in nuke-building, it'll be available to make the NHS and education even better! We know this to be true. Cameron told us.

I remember how fifty years ago the UK construction industry was thriving on building new manufacturing and processing plant overseas, modern plant that gave developing countries with lower overheads and labour costs a real competitive edge in the emerging markets. Now the wheel has turned the full circle for many developing countries – hence we have much of what's left of our own industry in foreign ownership.

And you blame the Greens for all this?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?   Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic? - Page 11 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Global warming. Is it happening? If so, is it anthropogenic?
Page 11 of 43Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 27 ... 43  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redcar Forum :: Debating Chamber :: Current Affairs-
Jump to: