Redcar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcar.forumHomeRegisterLog in

Conservative Britain

Go down 
+49
emi
Peter Goodwin
George Sand
Spog
borofan45
slicer
nickymb
ArrJudd
redpete
dozza
reedkerr
raphael
JCB
Almack
simmo
jooli
movieguy
johnr
moaner
glide
auguste1
WTR
Tiny
Davros
martythesparky
skip
Tombstone Blues
yongesisland
GGSS
nemisis
edradour
YIDDO
riverside
where's the remote
Mermaid
Luffenham
melrakke
Qwan
fred bloggs
Kalliopi
benstack
Susanna
Nonnymouse
ff
joelh.connie
coatham
brian carragher
Jen
barender
53 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next
AuthorMessage
barender
barender

Conservative Britain Empty
PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:25 pm

Going off topic slightly smile

IMHO, judging by his performance last week on the Radio Tees phone in, Mr Swales seems to be totally out of touch with what is happening locally.

He's just keeping the seat warm, the Limp Debs will be finished after this Parliament. smile

Back to top Go down
http://redcartown.net
Jen
(Sadly Missed)
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 5:34 pm

And the good burghers of Redcar would be better served by a Labour MP would they?

I think that's unlikely.
Back to top Go down
brian carragher

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 6:33 pm

Would they be best served by a Labour MP

OF COURSE THEY WOULD
Back to top Go down
Jen
(Sadly Missed)
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:24 pm

Most unlikely. Labour has never helped the working class. Every Labour government has increased unemployment. How does that help the "working man"?

Back to top Go down
brian carragher

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 7:40 pm

What about working women?. Do they not count?

Under the last Labour Government unemployment was recorded at an all time low, not a bad effort with rising population figures. So if unemployment is falling it obviously means employment was rising, another set of record employment figures by the way, so I kind of guess that working and bringing in money to the household via wages helps the "working man"

Guess which sad bunch of tossers are just about to put a million people on the dole?
Back to top Go down
Jen
(Sadly Missed)
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeWed Oct 20, 2010 8:13 pm

BrianC,

Do you know, I nearly just put "working woman" as a joke given your left wing tendencies but decided against it. smile

It is easy to borrow and spend like mad to temporarily create non-jobs in the public sector but ultimately it bollockses the economy. Labour have done it every time.
Back to top Go down
brian carragher

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:58 am

"Do you know, I nearly just put "working woman" as a joke given your left wing tendencies but decided against it.
"

Should have done, would'nt have minded one bit

Us Lefties have a sense of humour you know, I'll take that as a compliment even if it was'nt meant

Thats the main reason I use my real name so that everyone knows what they get and from what direction I'm coming from, the other reason being that everything I post is checkable and attributable and therefore I feel its a bit more honest than a lot of the tripe posted oninternet forums from folk who in real life would'nt say boo to a goose but behind a computer screen they turn into some sort of internet warrior (wonder if they wear a cloak)
Back to top Go down
Jen
(Sadly Missed)
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 10:18 am

BrianC,

That's a fair point.

Glad you've got a sense of humour.....you must have needed one after trying to defend 13 years of Labour mis-rule. smile
Back to top Go down
coatham
coatham

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 11:00 am

This is better then Big Brother...
Back to top Go down
http://www.saltscar.deviantart.com
brian carragher

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:38 pm

Thick skin and sense of humour developed during the dark years of Thatchers awful time in office so no doubt it will be needed again during these blacker than black political days to come
Back to top Go down
joelh.connie
(Sadly Missed)

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 3:53 pm

Jen- as he was a Labour Councillor on old CCC he has to be pretty thick skinned smile The usual arguments still being used, his blackest day here must be March 13 2010! ;)
Quote :
everything I post is checkable and attributable
lol Pity few links provided, but I will give you 3 out of 224 ok
Back to top Go down
brian carragher

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:01 pm

Actually I was a young Labour councillor on the old CCC and proud of it

Have you ever done anything of note for your community?

I thought not
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:07 pm

Neither has anyone connected with Labour! rofl

(You laid yourself wide open to that one. ;) )
Back to top Go down
brian carragher

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:09 pm

You'll have to do better than that or you'll need to stand in a dark corner till you get better
Back to top Go down
ff

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:11 pm

Was a 'brain-washed by father' staunch labour supporter in my youth, but I soon saw the light! winkgrin

I got better when Maggie got in and lifted the gloom of all those labour years of exceedingly high interest rates....
Back to top Go down
Jen
(Sadly Missed)
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:19 pm

I have to concur with fastforward.

Some Labour types may have their hearts in the right place but their policies and ideas usually have the reverse effect to what they want.
Back to top Go down
barender
barender

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 4:45 pm

Short memory FF.

The first thing Thatcher did was to raise interest rates - peaking, ISTR -at 22% on black Wednesday.

She also 3,000,000 people out of work and paid for them with NS oil cash and selling the family jewels, gas, defence, water, telecoms, BA, BAE...

Back to top Go down
Jen
(Sadly Missed)
Jen

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:28 pm

barender,

Once again she inherited a bankrupt country from Labour....a pattern emerging do you think. Interest rates were only at 22% very briefly.

But joining the ERM was a bad idea - the great leader herself was against it - so I certainly won't defend it.

The family jewels.......don't make me laugh. BT was a backward looking joke until it became private. She widened share ownership and house ownership giving more people than ever a real stake in Britain and its prosperity.

Look at the state of our rivers when water was in public hands.

There was already 3 000 000 000 out of work before 1979 - just some didn't know it yet. Sure they got up and went to work and did half a job because of overmanning and were subsidised by the poor sods in the private sector - who themselves were struggling against those champions of blackmail.....sorry democracy....the trades unions who ran the country but were outraged by things like being forced to hold secret strike ballots.
Back to top Go down
Nonnymouse
Nonnymouse

PostSubject: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 5:31 pm

Do you think we could dispense with the political slings and arrows and get back to topic?
Back to top Go down
Susanna
Susanna

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:18 pm

Point taken Nonnymouse. smile New thread started.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karencharlton.com
barender
barender

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 6:39 pm

Back to top Go down
Susanna
Susanna

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:35 pm

And what are you shaking your head about, sir?

Got water in your ears?
Back to top Go down
joelh.connie
(Sadly Missed)

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 7:55 pm

Hi Susanna/barender
Quote :
Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth.
Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope

smile I'm thinking interest rates may have started the day at 10% sigh
Back to top Go down
Susanna
Susanna

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:23 pm

laugh
Back to top Go down
brian carragher

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitimeThu Oct 21, 2010 8:26 pm

"Where there is discord, may we bring harmony. Where there is error, may we bring truth.
Where there is doubt, may we bring faith. And where there is despair, may we bring hope."

Failed miserably then did'nt she

Where there is discord , may we bring harmony

Tell that to the families of the Belgrano victims
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Conservative Britain   Conservative Britain Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Conservative Britain
Page 1 of 38Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 19 ... 38  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redcar Forum :: Debating Chamber :: Religion & Politics-