Redcar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Redcar.forumHomeRegisterLog in

Recipe needed, please

Go down 
+8
Del
emi
yongesisland
simmo
Davros
8steve88
Kalliopi
Susanna
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Susanna
Susanna

Recipe needed, please Empty
PostSubject: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 9:54 pm

Looking for a good recipe for a wholegrain mustard sauce.

Hoping to pour this over smoked haddock and mash tomorrow night. yum I had this dish at the Vista Mar in Saltburn the other week and I am trying to recreate it... smile It was absolutely delicious.
Back to top Go down
http://www.karencharlton.com
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:10 pm

Mustard & smoked haddock, neither would be a choice for me, so I am afraid no. Perhaps you should take a chance on a Google for a recipe, if you Google it & choose one from a well known chef, Deliah Smith or Jamie Oliver or the like, you can't go far wrong I would have thought. smile

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those that matter don't mind. And those that mind don't matter.
Back to top Go down
8steve88
(Sadly Missed)
8steve88

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:28 pm

Keep it simple method: Thin the mustard with a little wine, heat the mix in a pan to evaporate the alcohol leaving the taste of wine without the bitterness of the alcohol and spoon over the fish.
Back to top Go down
Susanna
Susanna

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:34 pm

Good idea....thumbup

Look what I've just found...

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 10:48 pm

Don't know Simon Rimmer, but he's on he BBC site, so must be okay. rofl

______________________________________________________________________________________________________
Be who you are and say what you feel. Because those that matter don't mind. And those that mind don't matter.
Back to top Go down
Davros
(Sadly Missed)
Davros

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Jul 15, 2010 11:34 pm

I think for smoked haddock I would start with melted white cheese (say cheddar or Gruyere) and single cream and then just stir in the mustard. Add a slosh of brandy if you like. Whisking in some salted butter will give it a nice gloss.

The same method works well with Stilton cheese for a steak sauce, but obviously not fish.
Back to top Go down
simmo
simmo

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 9:56 pm

I am looking for a recipe for " Pork zacharoff " .
We had a really nice one at the Fleece in Northallerton on Wednesday , and I can't find a recipe for it. yum
Back to top Go down
yongesisland
yongesisland

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:30 pm

Just had a quick Google. No recipe, but ingredients are breaded pork tenderloin, probably sliced fairly thin, and deep fried. Topped with a rich sauce of onions, peppers, mushrooms and tomatoes, topped with sliced ham and finished with cream, served with home made chips. What's not to like? And maybe some nice red stuff. wine If anyone has the recipe, I'd like it too.
Back to top Go down
Susanna
Susanna

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 10:43 pm

Try googling 'deep fried pork tenderloin recipe.' There seem to be quite a few of those. smile
Back to top Go down
simmo
simmo

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Aug 19, 2010 11:28 pm

I've had a browse round and those are the right ingredients,
I could use Pork Escalopes, and just make some sauce with the rest of the ingredients. thinking
Back to top Go down
emi
emi

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 1:04 am

Kalliopi

Some time ago you posted the recipe for a Greek stew - think it was called stifado (?)

Could you put it on here again please?

Could get one off the net but I would rather have your tried and tested (and recommended) one

Thanks

Emi x
Back to top Go down
Del

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 7:08 am

Please could we have the best basic old-fashioned pease pudding recipe.

All the ones I've seen on the net have all sorts of fancy extra ingredients that I know for a fact my Mum and Gran wouldn't have used or even been able to get hold of in the 50s and 60s.
Back to top Go down
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 7:46 pm

Some time ago? What a good memory you have emi, I didn't remember at all, it was January 2010!

I found it on this thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sorry Del I have never made pease pudding in my life, and I don't know anyone who does, hopefully another member might. yes

Back to top Go down
emi
emi

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 8:38 pm

Thanks Kalliopi
Back to top Go down
Kalliopi
Admin
Kalliopi

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 8:40 pm

Let us know how it turns out emi winkgrin

Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Sep 19, 2015 10:31 pm

Ellison's ?
Back to top Go down
jooli
jooli

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 8:52 am

Help please ... I've got some thin slices of frying steak in the freezer . Having already fried a couple of slices it is tough as old boots . I'd like to use the rest in my slow cooker and make a casserole for Sunday lunch ( hopefully the slow cooking will tenderise it ) . Can someone please give me a recipe / method . I'm used to cooking with braising steak but do I treat frying steak differently ? Thank you smile
Back to top Go down
Copey

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:01 am

Fry some onions put with steak and add lots of red wine and black pepper, could also add tin of tomatoes.
Back to top Go down
jooli
jooli

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:36 am

Thank you Copey .... do I brown the steak in a frying pan first ? smile
Back to top Go down
Copey

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeSat Feb 20, 2016 9:51 am

if you wish
Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeWed Mar 10, 2021 12:10 am

I suppose Freddie Starr ate one so has anyone a recipe ?

Back to top Go down
GGSS

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeMon Mar 15, 2021 12:14 am

I bought my wife a fur coat made from the skins of 300 hamsters.
When we went to Blackpool I couldn't get her off the big wheel for two days.

yongesisland, Nonnymouse, auguste1, edradour, Copey and slicer like this post

Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 12:06 am

Anyone got a recipe for beef carpaccio ?

Back to top Go down
auguste1
auguste1

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 1:42 pm

Anyone know where I can get a pan big enough to poach an elephant ?
Back to top Go down
jooli
jooli

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitimeThu Mar 25, 2021 1:52 pm

You don't poach an Elephant .... you stick it under the Gorilla ! running

Kalliopi likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Recipe needed, please   Recipe needed, please Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Recipe needed, please
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Redcar Forum :: Home and Lifestyle :: Food & Drink-
Jump to: